how do i copy only the coloured filled rows in excel to new sheet

  1. #1
    Kate at work
    Guest

    how do i copy only the coloured filled rows in excel to new sheet

    I want to extract certain rows of data (there is a few thousand of them) from
    the spreadsheet I'm working on. These particular rows have a coloured fill.
    The end result being a new spreadsheet containing only the data from these
    specific rows. Other than the coloured fill there is nothing to destinguish
    these rows from any of the 8000 or so in the original spreadsheet.
    I'm using Office 2003

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how do i copy only the coloured filled rows in excel to new sheet

    Nothing built in, you need to write your own function or macro (or let
    somebody else do it)

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

    you can install the function that returns colorindex for instance, use it in
    a help to return the colorindex and then apply autofilter and filter on the
    help column and finally copy the visible cells and paste somewhere else

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kate at work
    Guest

    Re: how do i copy only the coloured filled rows in excel to new sh

    Thanks Peo
    regards
    Kate