Sorting Data Automatically

  1. #1
    Sabunabu
    Guest

    Sorting Data Automatically

    I have a sheet with names and corresponding sales data. Every month, the
    numbers (sales data) changes and I would like to set up a sort function that
    ranks the names/data in order as the sales data changes. I know you can do
    this manually but is there a way of performing this sort automatically?

  2. #2
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: Sorting Data Automatically

    Having the users choose Data / Sort from the Excel menu path doesn't seem to
    manual to me. However, you could put a button on the worksheet, and have
    that button fire off a macro that would do the sort for you. Another way
    would be to have a pivot table run off your source data. Everytime you
    refresh the pivot table the data will be sorted in whatever way you have
    formatted the pivot table to sort.

  3. #3
    Martin P
    Guest

    RE: Sorting Data Automatically

    Let cells A2 to A5 contain the names and cells B2 to B5 the sales.
    Cell C2:=B2+ROW()/1000
    Cell D2:=RANK($C2,$C$2:$C$5)
    Cell E2:=ROW()-1
    Cell F2:=MATCH(E2,$D$2:$D$5,0)