A function to make date red if it is over 30 days old

  1. #1
    Financial Admin
    Guest

    A function to make date red if it is over 30 days old

    Im so confused and just just got a new position where I will need to track
    how long we have been working on certain cases...

    Please explain step by step.

    Thank you so much!!!!!

  2. #2
    You could use conditional formating. Say you chose a cell A1, in this cell you enter the date you are looking to compare to the date in question. Select the date you want to turn red, for this example we will use F3 and click FORMAT CONDITIONAL FORMAT chose "Formula is" in the drop down box and for the formula put =(F3-A1)>30, now press on the format box and choose red for the font color. Whenever this is above 30 days apart the date will turn red.

  3. #3
    Financial Admin
    Guest

    Re: A function to make date red if it is over 30 days old

    Hi!
    This worked for me only when I delete the date (NOW) after I complete the
    conditional formatting. I found this out by accident... When I left the
    conditional formatting box and got fustrated and deleted the cell that I have
    "NOW" formula for today's date, the formatting was applied and I got the
    result.. Is it supposed to do that?