View formula results

  1. #1
    NicciS
    Guest

    View formula results

    My Excel is stuck in Formula View Mode - when I enter formula's, the cells
    won't display the values just the formula.
    Example Formula:
    =D2+D3

    And that's all that displays, not the value.
    I tried ctrl+` and that didn't work

    HELP - I can't calculate anything anymore!

  2. #2
    Try going to "Tools" then "Options" this will bring up a screen showing default settings for your Excell. Then click the "View" tab and see if "formulas" has been checked. If it has then uncheck it and your sheets should now show the values instead of the formulas.

    Hope it helped.

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: View formula results

    "NicciS" wrote:
    > .. when I enter formula's, the cells
    > won't display the values just the formula.

    From the above line, one other guess is that the cells may have been
    inadvertently pre-formatted as Text. Try selecting the entire sheet (or
    just the col) and re-format as say: General. Then just re-confirm the
    formula in the starting cell (click inside the formula bar and press ENTER)
    and copy down/across, etc. That should get it going.
    --
    Rgds
    Max