draw a floor plan to scale in excel

  1. #1
    MRPEDE
    Guest

    draw a floor plan to scale in excel

    How can I draw a floor plan to scale so I can rearrange my bedroom furniture
    before I move everthing?

  2. #2
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    RE: draw a floor plan to scale in excel

    Probably not the answer you want but - to be honest I wouldn't even go there!

    You would spend so much time getting the scales right in the differing row
    and column sizing for both the room and furniture that pen/paper and scissors
    would be faster and more accurate. Plus you wouldn't be able to rotate
    through anything less than 90deg.

    As a planner by trade, in this case, I'd get some squared paper, work out a
    scale (eq 2mm = 10cm) draw your room, cut out your furniture, put one on the
    other and play around with it. Either that or borrow a CAD/store planning
    program.

  3. #3

    Re: draw a floor plan to scale in excel

    I remember seeing something in those airline catalogues that did the
    same thing. It was some type of ready-made cut out thing with little
    carboard furniture, etc. Might find it on Google.

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: draw a floor plan to scale in excel

    Sounds like something better suited to Visio that Excel.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...