Why can't I use SUM when pasting HTML code into new sheet.

  1. #1
    Crosscatch
    Guest

    Why can't I use SUM when pasting HTML code into new sheet.

    I have tried using the SUM function from different cells to no avail.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Why can't I use SUM when pasting HTML code into new sheet.

    Hi

    It sounds as though the values may have come across as Text.
    In a spare cell on your sheet, enter the number 1. Copy the cell, mark
    the range of Data you have copied and Paste Special>Multiply.
    That may well coerce the values to numeric.

    Alternatively there may be extraneous spaces, or the non-breaking space
    character Char(160) embedded within the data.
    Use David McRitchie's TRIMALL() function to clean up the data.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...