Can I create a drop-down list that will reference other drop-down

  1. #1
    fdebelo
    Guest

    Can I create a drop-down list that will reference other drop-down

    --
    Thanks for your help in advance.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Can I create a drop-down list that will reference other drop-down

    You can create dependent data validation lists. There are instructions
    here:

    fdebelo wrote:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    fdebelo
    Guest

    RE: Can I create a drop-down list that will reference other drop-down

    I have a drop down list in A3 with 2 items in the list. If i select the item
    1 from A3 list, I would like to open the drop down list in A4, and see the
    list associated with item 1 in A3.

    If I select item 2 in A3, the list in A4 would be a different list, one that
    is associated with A3. is this possible without utilizing access?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can I create a drop-down list that will reference other drop-down

    In a simple example as you give, all you need is something like this formula
    in your second DV, type of list

    =if(F1=1,m1:M4,N1:N4)

    better still use named ranges.

    Bob Phillips