How do globally clear pre-marked cells

  1. #1
    Electrical Wizard
    Guest

    How do globally clear pre-marked cells

    I have data sheets which I fill out annually. The outline stays the same;
    however, the data fields change. Is there a way I can clear all of the data
    fields with a couple of keystrokes.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do globally clear pre-marked cells

    Make a non-contiguious Range of all the cells you wish to empty, named
    YourDataInput.....(hold down Ctrl while maually clicking on each cell to be
    emptied, then Insert > Name > Define, and type YourDataInput in the upper
    window), then put this code in a regular module and run it....

    Sub ClearYourDataInput()
    Range("YourDataInput").ClearContents
    End Sub

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Electrical Wizard" <Electrical [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do globally clear pre-marked cells

    F5>Special>Constants. De-select what you don't want to be selected then OK.

    Edit>Clear Contents.

    That's more than a couple of key strokes, but you could turn on the macro
    recorder while doing the above.

    Assign the macro to a shortcut key combo and you're good to go.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP