COUNTIF with Logic?

  1. #1
    Leonhardtk
    Guest

    COUNTIF with Logic?

    I have a statement (below) that works fine for finding all instances where a
    person performed a task:

    =COUNTIF('Doc Log'!B2:B126,STATS!B3)

    (B2-B126 is where I'd find the person's name, and STATS!B3 is their name
    from a summary table) I want to add a statement so that I'd only count their
    name if, say C2:C126 has the value "Delivered" in it for that same line.
    For example if the first three lines were:

    A1 B1 C1
    1 Jan 06 | Smith|Delivered
    1 Jan 06 | Simms|Reviewed
    1 Jan 06 | Smith| Reviewed
    1 Jan 06 | Smith| Delivered

    I need two statements for Smith
    COUNTIF "SMITH" and "Delivered" (SMITH and Delivered must be on same row!)
    COUNTIF "SMITH" and "Reviewed"
    In the example above, I also need to do
    COUNTIF "Simms" and "Reviewed" etc.

    Appreciate any help anyone might be able to provide!

    KSL

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: COUNTIF with Logic?

    =SUMPRODUCT)--('Doc Log'!B2:B126=STATS!B3),--('Doc
    Log'!C2:C126="Delivered"))

    etc.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Leonhardtk
    Guest

    Re: COUNTIF with Logic?

    Perfect (except the first Parenthesis, which is backwards). Exactly what I
    was looking for.

    KSL

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: COUNTIF with Logic?

    Just checking you were paying attention <vbg>