conditional formatting with four conditions

  1. #1
    Ring eye
    Guest

    conditional formatting with four conditions

    Can it be done? I am trying to setup conditional formatting on the four
    conditions.
    value in cell M4 less than value in cell P4 color yellow
    value in cell M4 greater than value in cell P4 color pink
    value in cell M4 equal value in cell P4 Or Cell P4 equal
    zero color purple

    PS this is my second day on using Excel

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: conditional formatting with four conditions

    It's still only three different outcomes, so you can do this with conditional
    formatting. The final condition would be =or(m4=p4,p4=0).
    Caveat: the order in which CFs are evaluated is such that the first
    condition satisfied gets applied. So the condition above should be set as
    the first condition; otherwise the p4=0 won't have a chance, as you'll
    already have satisfied one of the earlier conditions.
    --Bruce

  3. #3
    Ring eye
    Guest

    RE: conditional formatting with four conditions

    Thanks again, I bought Step by Step book for Excel 2003 and I could not find
    any sample in it. Did I buy the wrong book.