Keeping track of Sickdays, Vacation days, and hours for each.

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Keeping track of Sickdays, Vacation days, and hours for each.

    Here is my dilemma:

    I have set up a workbook where each employee has a his/her own worksheet in
    one workbook (about 26 worksheets). For each individual worksheet, I have
    the day of the week, then beneath that I have a drop down list for either
    "IN", "VAC", "SICK", or "PERS", then beneath that I have how many hours they
    used for it.

    For example:
    John Smith
    IN
    8

    Or:

    Mary Jones
    SICK .5
    4
    IN .5
    4

    For the second example, Mary was "sick" half of the day, and "in" the other
    half.

    Now my question:
    On a seperate worksheet within the same workbook, I would like to keep a
    running total (per employee) of how many hours were spent SICK, IN, VAC,
    PERS, or FLOAT for each week.

    Ideally, it would look like this:
    John Smith
    VAC 16
    IN 8
    PERS .5 4
    SICK .5 4
    PERS 8

    So, that would be a total of 40 hours. Kind of like a table format, if you
    can picture that.

    How can I set it up so that excel knows to "look" directly beneath the word
    "IN" or "VAC" on the employee's individual worksheet, and be able to add ONLY
    the INs together, ONLY the VACs together, and so on and total them on the
    seperate worksheet I mentioned above.

    Someone PLEASE give me some guidance.

    Thank you so much,

    Mike

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Keeping track of Sickdays, Vacation days, and hours for each.

    No one knows how to do this?

  3. #3
    StephanieH
    Guest

    RE: Keeping track of Sickdays, Vacation days, and hours for each.

    Try the SumIF function. I have my time off type in row 2, the number of
    hours in row 3.
    =SUMIF($B2:$AF2,"PTO",$B3:$AF3)
    You'll need to adjust it to fit your needs.