How do I insert manual line breaks in excel?

  1. #1
    sldwrks84
    Guest

    How do I insert manual line breaks in excel?

    I have Excel 2003 and I need to be to insert and view manual line breaks
    (hard returns) in the cells like is available in Microsoft Office Word 2003.
    I've tried ALT-ENTER and SHIFT-ENTER and neither works. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated. Maybe someone could pinpoint one patch/update, etc.
    that would have this function?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    John Michl
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert manual line breaks in excel?

    Highlight the Row by click on the rown number, then select Insert >
    Page Break from the menu. You can also drag the automatically assigned
    breaks by switching the view via View > Page Break Preview.

    - John Michl

  3. #3
    ERR229
    Guest

    RE: How do I insert manual line breaks in excel?

    I don't know what's causing it not to work (sorry!) but ALT ENTER is the
    correct key stroke.

    ERR229