Use lookup or ??

  1. #1
    JayL
    Guest

    Use lookup or ??

    All -
    I'm trying to get a function to return a Y or N if the contents of sheet2
    cell A1 matches any cell in sheet1 column A.
    TIA
    -Jay

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Use lookup or ??

    One way ..
    Put in Sheet2's B1 (say):
    =IF(A1="","-",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0)),"Y","N"))
    B1 can be copied down to return correspondingly for other values in A2, A3,
    etc
    --
    Max
    Singapore
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Use lookup or ??

    Hi Jay

    One way
    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A:A,0)),"N","Y")

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  4. #4
    JayL
    Guest

    Re: Use lookup or ??

    Perfect! Thanks!

  5. #5
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: Use lookup or ??

    Hi,

    You may try the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) in cell B1 of
    sheet 2

    =if(or(exact(A1,sheet1_range))

    Regards,

    Ashish Mathur