Remove duplication from validation list?

  1. #1

    Remove duplication from validation list?

    Hi. I want to use a range of cells, all in part of a column, as a
    validation list source. Here's the command I have in the cells to
    which I want to apply the validation list source:

    =(OFFSET(RangeStart,1,0))OFFSET(RangeEnd,-1,0))

    The problem I'm having is that if duplicate values exist between
    RangeStart and RangeEnd, I get duplicate values in my validation list.
    How could I eliminate duplication from the displayed pulldown
    validation list?

    Thanks for any input!

    Ken

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Remove duplication from validation list?

    You'd have to create a new source without the dupes. There's no way to
    remove dupes from the validation list itself.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...