Adding 6 Months to a Date

  1. #1
    Excel User
    Guest

    Adding 6 Months to a Date

    Greetings! I have a column with dates. I need to add 6 months to those dates
    and place the new dates in a new column. How do I do that? Many thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Adding 6 Months to a Date

    =date(year(a1),month(a1)+6,day(a1))

  3. #3
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: Adding 6 Months to a Date

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))

    Dave

  4. #4
    Greg T
    Guest

    Re: Adding 6 Months to a Date

    You might compare the output from Dave's formula which really adds six
    months to using the EDate() function if you have the Analysis Toolpak
    installed. If you don't have the toolpak installed you can use the
    following formula:

    =MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+{7,6},DAY(A1)*{0,1}))

    [Credit to Barry Houdini for the formula.]

    Check the output for adding six months to Aug 29th to Aug 31st for
    example and pick which formula yields the output you desire.