#N/A in VLookup - Can I use another function that will return 0?

  1. #1
    Arla
    Guest

    #N/A in VLookup - Can I use another function that will return 0?

    I am using a VLookup function. I need to find an exact match, but when there
    is no match, I would like to see a zero, rather than #N/A. Can someone help
    me with a different formula to produce similar results as I am getting with
    the VLookup without the #N/A?

  2. #2

    Re: #N/A in VLookup - Can I use another function that will return 0?

    =if(iserror(vlookup(...)),0,vlookup(....))

  3. #3
    Arla
    Guest

    Re: #N/A in VLookup - Can I use another function that will return

    I am sorry if I am being dense; so now that I have added the "iserror"
    portion to the formula, do I need to have "vlookup" in two spots rather than
    just once?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: #N/A in VLookup - Can I use another function that will return

    Yes, once to check if the VLOOKUP returns an error, once to get the result
    if it doesn't.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...