Category Labels(X) axis on a chart:

  1. #1
    Ali
    Guest

    Category Labels(X) axis on a chart:

    I have a Chart
    Y-Axis shows percentages
    X- Axis shows names of campanies
    There are approximately 30 names in the Table.
    On many months, the percentages are ZERO for most of the Companies, with
    just a few companies having provided business. The chart is looking messy
    with so many unnecessary names on the chart.
    I would like to have a formula for the Category Label (X) Axis that names
    will only appear on the charts X- Axis, IF the company percentage is greater
    than 0%.
    is this possible?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Category Labels(X) axis on a chart:

    Hi,

    Perhaps you could adapt this technique for highlighting categories.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/hiliteaxislabels.htm

    You only need to use 1 extra data series for the labels you wish to show.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Ali
    Guest

    Re: Category Labels(X) axis on a chart:

    Hi Andy
    Thanks, this makes sense. However, I would not know what formula to use if
    I do not want any category label to show if the percentage is not greater
    than zero?
    Any ideas