Looping in VB with cell ranges

  1. #1
    Freeman
    Guest

    Looping in VB with cell ranges

    I have a function that brings in four different cell ranges:
    ie: Total(AccountRange As Range, DateRange As Range, etc...)

    Within the VB function I have a For/Next Loop as follows:
    ie: For Each cell in AccountRange
    "multiple if statements"
    Next cell

    I want to increment the rows in the other cell ranges during the looping
    process. When the AccountRange row increases during the "Next cell" call
    then I want the other ranges to follow suit.

    By the way what actually happens during the looping process for a range of
    cells? If the range is 2 columns by 4 rows does the "Next cell" call go down
    the rows then jump to the top of the 2nd column and again proceed down the
    rows??

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Looping in VB with cell ranges

    "Freeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a function that brings in four different cell ranges:
    > ie: Total(AccountRange As Range, DateRange As Range, etc...)
    >
    > Within the VB function I have a For/Next Loop as follows:
    > ie: For Each cell in AccountRange
    > "multiple if statements"
    > Next cell
    >
    > I want to increment the rows in the other cell ranges during the looping
    > process. When the AccountRange row increases during the "Next cell" call
    > then I want the other ranges to follow suit.

    What exactly do you mean? You can get the row by simply using

    cell.Row

    but I am not clear as to what you mane by increment the rows in the other
    cell ranges.

    > By the way what actually happens during the looping process for a range of
    > cells? If the range is 2 columns by 4 rows does the "Next cell" call go

    down
    > the rows then jump to the top of the 2nd column and again proceed down the
    > rows??

    No, other way. It goes across the columns, then down to the first column of
    the next row.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Looping in VB with cell ranges

    BTW, you can force it down the rows, then next column with

    For Each cell in Application.Transpose(rng)

    but you are not working with a range object now, but an array of values.

    Bob Phillips