Master spread sheet to manage then show info on seperate tabs

  1. #1
    Little pete
    Guest

    Master spread sheet to manage then show info on seperate tabs

    I have a master spread sheet - info grouped under various managers who are
    responsible. I want to maintain the master spread which then shows on
    indiviual tabs grouped by the above managers

    playing around with the following formula biut not sure if its the best
    thing to be using.

    =IF($A2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,ALL_CONTRACTS!$A:$B,2,FALSE))

    cheers Pete

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Master spread sheet to manage then show info on seperate tabs

    Pete,

    You are much better off using filters to show the just data that you are interested in. Then the
    data is always properly updated, there isn't a computational overhead, and it keeps your life
    simple.

    If you really need to have separate worksheets, I have a macro that will export data from a database
    to separate sheets based on a key value. Let me know if you want to go that way, and I will post
    it.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP