How circle an individual number in a cell?

  1. #1
    Chet
    Guest

    How circle an individual number in a cell?

    This one stumped me. How can you (using Excel) circle a number in a
    cell? In other words the cell has a the following contents " 1 2 3 4 5
    6 7". Is there a function or a format that I can use to actually put a
    circle around a particular number in that cell, for example maybe I
    want to circle the number 2.

    Thanks,

    Chet

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How circle an individual number in a cell?

    Picky maybe but of you have 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 in a cell then you have TEXT in
    the cell and not a number. Can be an important difference in many
    scenarios.

    Anyway, you can either use an autoshape circle and take out the fill so that
    the border circles your number, or maybe you could switch the number for one
    of the characters uvwxyz{|} which from left to right and with a wingdings
    font applied to that character alone within the actual cell, you will get a
    number within a solid circle.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chet
    Guest

    Re: How circle an individual number in a cell?

    Worked like a charm Thx!

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How circle an individual number in a cell?

    You're welcome - Just curious but which option did you go for?

    Regards