Max values from 2 ws and a range

  1. #1

    Max values from 2 ws and a range

    Attached is an excel file. There are two worksheets. In Worksheet 1 are 2 names with multiple dates and lab values. In Worksheet 2 is the name with a blank space for labs and dates. I need put in the blank lab and date fields on worksheet 2 the most recent date with associated lab value.

    Thanks to Steveg on a very similar topic we are using the formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$12198=A1),--(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$12198=B1),(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$12198)) to get a value if there was only one to chose from on seperate worksheets. The only problem I am having with this formula in my old case, is that it is not working when the values are textual.

    Thanks for the help,
    Wendi
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: Max values from 2 ws and a range

    we don't attache or look at workbooks around here.
    if you can't explain your issue...
    break it down into individual questions and ask 1 question per issue
    otherwise I can GUARENTEE you that you will not get an answer

    --
    Gary Brown

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    See attachment

    Hope it helps

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary L Brown

  4. #4
    Thanks for the help Morrigan unfortunately the formula assumes that I know the most recent date. In my real spreadsheet I have thousands of patients with 1 to 20 different dates and I want the formula to be able to find the most recent date of that one patient and their associated value. Does that make sense? Thanks for helping, Wendi

  5. #5
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    Re: Max values from 2 ws and a range

    Morrigan just took a VERY courageous move by opening a file from someone he
    COULD NOT TRUST!!! Please recognize his RISK by giving him a 'Yes' to his
    helpful post.!!!
    Morrigan, you've just risked/lost one of your nine lives. Hope your LUCK
    continues!
    --
    Gary Brown
    gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    I think you lost me.

    The formula in column E finds the most recent date for each patient and outputs it. The formula in colum D searches for the corresponding value and outputs. If that's not what you are looking for, explain more.

    Quote Originally Posted by wgechter
    Thanks for the help Morrigan unfortunately the formula assumes that I know the most recent date. In my real spreadsheet I have thousands of patients with 1 to 20 different dates and I want the formula to be able to find the most recent date of that one patient and their associated value. Does that make sense? Thanks for helping, Wendi
    Last edited by Morrigan; 01-27-2006 at 11:56 AM.

  7. #7
    Morrigan, yes that is exactly what I was looking for. I should have looked more closely. Thanks for the response!! At least someone is very helpful!!