show difference between weights with correct pos and neg values

  1. #1
    Sharon Durow
    Guest

    show difference between weights with correct pos and neg values

    I need to work out a formula that calculates the difference between to
    weights. The problem is that weight gain needs to be shown as a positive and
    weight loss as a negative, I am having problems finding a way to
    automatically calculate the correct answer. I can format in colour but really
    need the figures showing pos and neg.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: show difference between weights with correct pos and neg values

    What are you getting now, Sharon?
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: show difference between weights with correct pos and neg values

    Hi Sharon

    =new_weight-old_weight.

    With old_weight in A1, and new_weight in A2
    =A2-A1

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier