Feynman Experiment

  1. #1

    Red face Feynman Experiment

    I am having trouble in a stat class we have to prepare a excel spreadsheet and a graph for this experiment . I have no clue on how would I begin to start if someone could assists me that would be helpful .

    The "population" for the Feynman Experiment is 100 games of 30 tosses
    each. Each game is a "Sample". The objective is to prepare a table of
    the number of "Heads" in successive trials of each game with 30 coins.
    The result should look something like Table 1 below. I expect that your
    table will be far different! The assignment is to create your own
    "Team" table for the assignment. The next step is to prepare a
    graphical summary of the results as a distribution. Note: The number of
    heads may vary from 8 or 9 out of 30 to as high as 22 or 23 because it
    is a distribution of probabilistic results.
    See below also for some other Hints.

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    RE: Feynman Experiment

    People around here will generally not do your homework for you, but will try
    to help you figure out how to do it for yourself. For the first part of your
    assigment, you might find the RANDBETWEEN function useful. It requires that
    you have installed the Analysis ToolPak (ATP). Help for RANDBETWEEN includes
    directions for installing the ATP if you have not already done so.

    Also in the ATP is a histogram tool, that you might find helpful for the
    second part of your assigment. If you get stuck, post back with a
    description of what you have tried, and why the results were not satisfactory.

    Jerry