sumproduct?

  1. #1
    JR
    Guest

    sumproduct?

    Hi,

    I would like to ask for help with a formula. On sheet one I will dump a
    report. On sheet two I would like to tally the totals of specific
    classifications for a specific date.

    Example

    I use this formula =COUNTIF(CS_Ticket_Dump!C:C,A1) for this result:

    Billing Issue 282

    But if I wanted the same result only as it relates to a specific date how
    would I write this? Is it a sumproduct?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct?

    JR wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to ask for help with a formula. On sheet one I will dump a
    > report. On sheet two I would like to tally the totals of specific
    > classifications for a specific date.
    >
    > Example
    >
    > I use this formula =COUNTIF(CS_Ticket_Dump!C:C,A1) for this result:
    >
    > Billing Issue 282
    >
    > But if I wanted the same result only as it relates to a specific date how
    > would I write this? Is it a sumproduct?
    >
    > Thanks

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(ClassificationRange=Classification),--(DateRange=Date))

    where Classification is a cell housing a classification of interest and
    Date a cell housing a date of interest.