need help with a payroll formula

  1. #1
    Frustrated
    Guest

    need help with a payroll formula

    I'am just learning to use formulas and working on a payroll spreadsheet. I
    have it all done except that overtime is paid after 40 hours. I need a
    formula that tells it to take any hours over 40 and put it into the overtime
    column. Can you help

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: need help with a payroll formula

    say hours worked are in cell a1 then to have overtime in cell b1 type the
    following:

    =max(0,a1-40)

    news:[email protected]...