Automate Spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Karen
    Guest

    Automate Spreadsheet

    I have a spreadsheet that tracks instruments and their calibration due dates.
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. I want the caibration due
    dates to stand out so I know at least one week prior that certain instruments
    should be calibrated. I thought of setting up columns for Instrument, Serial
    No., Calibration Date and Calibration Frequency. Then set up a calculated
    column to calculate the due date. Then use conditional formatting to flag
    the instruments that are due. This list could get long. How can I automate
    this even more? Maybe set up a way of filtering out the instruments that are
    due with a macro. This list will get out of control over the years if I
    don't organize it well. Any suggestions?

    My boss wants me to just use Excel and not Access. I'm just thinking ahead.
    I know some people will tell me to use Access.

    Thank you, Karen

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Automate Spreadsheet

    Hi Karen

    Maybe this will help

    You can use EasyFilter to filter and copy to a new sheet/workbook
    The beta version can also filter on color
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    Another way is to use an Access data base and copy your data into Excel if you need it
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Karen
    Guest

    Re: Automate Spreadsheet

    Thank you for your help - The company I work for blocks use out from
    downloading anything like that. Any other suggestions?

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Automate Spreadsheet

    Hi Karin

    Look on Debra's site for filter examples
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html