time elapsed formula

  1. #1
    sue
    Guest

    time elapsed formula

    I need to calculate two formulas.

    1. Need to create a formula for % time elapsed (based on 365 days)
    2. Need to create a formula for % to Forecast vs time elapsed .

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: time elapsed formula

    More information would be useful.

    For 1, are you saying you have a start date, an end date, and a current date,
    and you want to know what % of the period has elapsed from start to current? If
    so, try:

    =(current - start) / (end - start), format as percent.

    For 2, you might be able to compare this calculated % with the forecast %. If
    that's not what you are looking for, post back with more details.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    sue
    Guest

    Re: time elapsed formula

    Let's say the spread sheet measures sales volume for 365 days (06 calendar
    year). So, some of the columns on the page going across are:

    $ sales month to date; $ sales ytd; Forecasted volume; % to forecast ytd.

    I think the formula is year to date $ sales / total forecast = % to yearly
    forecast..

    but we will be comparing that to total time elapsed for the year.. I don't
    know how to do do it. This should be a running formula that "ticks" away
    the year in %.. so we know how much time we have left to make the number vs %
    to actual $'s achieved to date. Make sense?

  4. #4
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: time elapsed formula

    Make sense? No.

    Try posting a specific example. I'm sure that will help us figure out what
    you're trying to do.