how to activate controls in protected sheet

  1. #1
    Novice
    Guest

    how to activate controls in protected sheet

    I am doing a survey form in Excel2003 with 100+ option buttons and a "submit"
    button. After I protect the sheet by tools\protect sheet..., the 'submit'
    botton still works, but all my 100+ radio buttons cannot be changed/click
    (message appear asking user to unprotect sheet). I already used "tools\allow
    users to edit..." to release all cells linked to the radio buttons

    Did I do anything wrong? Is there any way to protect the sheet but still
    keep my radio buttons alive?

    thanks a million!

  2. #2

    Re: how to activate controls in protected sheet

    Did you link to cells that are locked on a protected worksheet?

    You'll have to unlock those cells.

  3. #3
    Novice
    Guest

    Re: how to activate controls in protected sheet

    Thanks Dave. I did what your said and it works! Thanks a million!