Vlookup - no match

  1. #1
    jenhow
    Guest

    Vlookup - no match

    I have a range of data like this

    A B
    12 0.014
    13 0.021
    14 0.019
    15 0.022

    I have Vlookup value to return the value from column B if a cell matches
    column A. I would like it to return another value (0.006) if the number that
    is entered into the cell is not listed in column A.

    I have tried a few different options, but can't seem it get it to work
    properly.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Vlookup - no match

    Assuming C1 is the value you want to lookup, try this:

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C1,$A$1:$B$4,2,FALSE)),.0006,VLOOKUP(C1,$A$1:$B$4,2,FALSE))

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup - no match

    One way:

    =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A4,C1)<1,0.006,VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B4,2))

    HTH,
    Paul

    news:[email protected]...