IF(AND) function?

  1. #1
    cindyb
    Guest

    IF(AND) function?

    Does Excel have the ability to calculate the following"

    I have a calculated value in cell A51.

    If that calculated value is in the range of numbers in the first column
    below, I need a formula for Excel to return the value in the second column
    below to cell A60.

    0 - 500,000 250
    500,001 -750,000 300
    750,001 - 1,000,000 350
    1,000,001 - up 400

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: IF(AND) function?

    Try something like this:

    With this:
    ________Col_A______Col_B
    Row_1___0_________250
    Row_2___500,001___300
    Row_3___750,001___350
    Row_4___1,000,001__400

    And a value in A51
    A60: =VLOOKUP(A51,A1:B4,2,1)

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: IF(AND) function?

    No need for that, use lookup

    =LOOKUP(A51,{0;500001;750001;1000001},{250;300;350;400})

    if A51 can be blank you might want to use

    =IF(A51="",""LOOKUP(A5,{0;500001;750001;1000001},{250;300;350;400}))

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: IF(AND) function?

    One way, via VLOOKUP

    Put in A60:
    =IF(OR(A51="",A51<=0),"",VLOOKUP(A51,{0,250;500001,300;750001,350;1000001,40
    0},2))

    The above VLOOKUP carries a "standalone" table_array, so we don't need to
    reference the table elsewhere. The IF error traps will ensure that a neat
    looking blank: "", is returned (instead of ugly #N/As).
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  5. #5

    RE: IF(AND) function?

    "cindyb" wrote:
    > I have a calculated value in cell A51.
    > If that calculated value is in the range of numbers in the
    > first column below, I need a formula for Excel to return
    > the value in the second column below to cell A60.
    > 0 - 500,000 250
    > 500,001 -750,000 300
    > 750,001 - 1,000,000 350
    > 1,000,001 - up 400

    Others have suggested a lookup function, which arguably
    might be the best approach. If you still prefer an IF()
    function, this particular example is not too bad:

    =IF(A51 <= 500000, 250,
    IF(A51 <= 750000, 300, IF(A51 <= 1000000, 350, 400)))

  6. #6
    cindyb
    Guest

    RE: IF(AND) function?

    Thanks so much for your help! It works!!