how to use a cell to enter a filename in a formula

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    how to use a cell to enter a filename in a formula

    I am building a filename from two cells(A2, B1) and concatenating them into a
    third cell(F2). How do use this third cell in a formula in a forth cell(B2)
    to bring a figure from the file named in the third cell?

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: how to use a cell to enter a filename in a formula

    the indirect function will turn a text reference to a result but it will only
    work if the remote workbook is open.
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    John
    Guest

    RE: how to use a cell to enter a filename in a formula

    Thanks Paul, I'll try that.