Calculate employee hours for employee evaluation?

  1. #1
    Triesha
    Guest

    Calculate employee hours for employee evaluation?

    Hi ~

    I've been asked to construct a timesheet where hours are tracked at 480
    hour intervals. At each 480/hr interval, the employee is due for an
    evaluation. I'd like something like "Evaluation Due" to come up in the
    cell next to the YTD hours. Can anyone help please?

    Here's the setup I have so far:

    Week1 Week2
    Week3 Week4 Week5

    Jan06 Weekly hrs 19 19
    19 7 3
    Ttl monthly hrs 67
    Year to date 67

    TIA!

    Patricia

  2. #2
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Calculate employee hours for employee evaluation?

    Triesha,

    It may be that the hours never add up to a multiple of 480. Say the total
    was 470 and the person works 19 hours that week. The total would jump over
    the 480 target and so would not trigger your message. I would therefore
    suggest triggering the message if the total was within a certain range:

    =IF(MOD(G20,480)<20,"Evaluation due","")

    It will however have the disadvantage that it will trigger the message for
    20 hours either side of the target.

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Atkins, Arkansas
    MS-Off Ver
    If your YTD hours all total in one cell you can try this....

    =if(A1>=480,"Evaluation Due","")
    Maybe this will help.

  4. #4
    Triesha
    Guest

    Re: Calculate employee hours for employee evaluation?

    Sandy ~

    Thank you for such an elegant solution. It's just what I needed. Give
    me a shout if you ever need a librarian!

    Triesha