Copy & paste special

  1. #1
    Roger
    Guest

    Copy & paste special

    How would I copy & paste to a new sheet the format & formula but not the data

  2. #2
    Tim C
    Guest

    Re: Copy & paste special

    Roger,

    I assume you mean you have some cells with data and some cells with
    formulas, and you want to copy only those cells with formulas (plus the
    formatting for the whole page).

    The simplest way is to copy everything, and then delete the data. If the
    data cells and formula cells are intermingled, however, this can become time
    consuming.

    To simplify the delete task in this case, select the area of the spreadsheet
    that contains the data to be deleted. Then click Edit > Goto > Special >
    Constants. You can uncheck "Text," etc. to more narrowly constrain what you
    want to delete. Then click OK. At that point, all of your formulas will
    have been unselected, and you can just hit the Delete key to clear the data.
    (That may sound a little confusing, but if you try it, it will make sense.)

    Tim C

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Copy & paste special

    If you want to copy over formula from one sheet to the other without linking
    to the original sheet?

    ctrl + H, replace e = with ^=^, select the ranges you want to copy, copy and
    paste into the new sheet,
    reverse the replace and replace ^=^ with = on both sheets

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon