=HYPERLINK function and Excel 2003 problem.

  1. #1

    =HYPERLINK function and Excel 2003 problem.

    Hello,

    I have a worksheet with addresses of the clients, so each row represent
    one client (Name, Title;Street+no, ZIP, city ...)
    I would need to put on the first column a special hyperlink, which will
    be composed from the values of next columns.

    Like :
    =HYPERLINK("http://www.abc.abc?Parameters=Excel"&";"&C12&";"&IF(D12=$C$5;0;IF(D12=$C$6;1;IF(D12=$C$7;2;3)))&";"&E12&";"&F12&";"&G12;"Open
    in browser")

    So the hyperlink would look like
    http://www.abc.abc?Parameters=Excel;John ****;0;Lombard street
    1204;10304;Zurich ...

    But the hyperlink does not work, when in one or more of the cells is a
    value containing space - in this example the name and street. I've
    tried to replace the spaces with %20, but still the same. Simply Excel
    will not open the browser, nor display an error message in those
    cases...
    However, if I remove the space, it works.

    This problem occurs only in Excel 2003, in XP it works..

    Ajo

  2. #2

    Re: =HYPERLINK function and Excel 2003 problem.

    I think I found the solution - I had to SUBSTITUTE all spaces with +
    sign...

    so it should be like =HYPERLINK(SUBSTITUTE( ............ ; " " ;
    "+");"Open in browser")

    If somebody has found a different solution, please let me know!

    Thnx!
    Ajo