Calculate the difference between two times

  1. #1
    Buffgirl71
    Guest

    Calculate the difference between two times

    I have two columns. Both have a time format of NN:NN:NN. I would like
    to calculate the difference. For example, if I have 10:02:01 and
    10:03:05, I want to know that the difference (amount of time) is
    00:01:04. Is there someway I can do that in Excel? Thank you.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Calculate the difference between two times

    Assuming your values are in A1 and B1 respectively, then just try =B1-A1 and
    format the cell as time.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Buffgirl71
    Guest

    Re: Calculate the difference between two times

    Thank you. That worked fine. I swear I tried that before and it didn't
    work...I must not have had the time formats identical among the
    columns. Thanks again.