when I use Ctrl+D to copy a formula, it does not compute right.

  1. #1
    GWYBUSA
    Guest

    when I use Ctrl+D to copy a formula, it does not compute right.

    Ctrl+D is copying the formula down but then it is not computing according to
    the formula. It only copies the answer from the cell I am doing the Ctrl+D
    from. For example, the formual in the cell is =L2-H2 (the correct answer in
    this instance is 20.00). The very next cell reads =L3-H3 but it shows 20.00
    rather than whatever answer it would be if it computed L3-H3.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    You may have calculation set to manual, to fix

    Tools > Options > Calculation > Automatic

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: when I use Ctrl+D to copy a formula, it does not compute right.

    Probably you have your 'Calculation' set to manual.

    <Tools> <Options> <Calculation> tab,

    And click on "Automatic".
    --
    HTH,