Excel sort application should work with Project WBS

  1. #1
    Ribas
    Guest

    Excel sort application should work with Project WBS

    I saved a MS Project as a MS Excel file. One of the fields that where in the
    file was the WBS (1.1, 1.1.2, .1.4.5). When in the excel sheet I try to sort
    by this column, it separates not just each number between the dots, but each
    digit. Example:
    the number 1.1.14 comes before 1.1.9, and that should not happen.
    Hope Ill get an answer.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Excel sort application should work with Project WBS

    That is the way Excel sorts...character by character ( 1 comes before 9).
    or maybe...
    http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html
    review of a commercial program

    Jim Cone