Rolling Average:week number;

  1. #1

    Rolling Average:week number;

    I have a sheet that needs to calculate a 53 week rolling average. Column A has the week number; Column B has the data to be averaged.

    I'm familiar with the offset function when charting and wonder if this can be replicated for calculating an average to match my chart.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    re: Rolling Average:week number;

    Hi!

    So, what do you want to do?

    Average the last 53 entries in column B?

    What if there aren't 53 entries?

    Biff

    "SPenney" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    I'm starting with 53 entries and will be adding from this point forward.

  4. #4
    Domenic
    Guest

    re: Rolling Average:week number;

    Assuming that Column B, starting at B2, contains your data, try...

    =AVERAGE(OFFSET(B2,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,B2:B65536)-53,0,53))

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,

  5. #5
    Domenic--

    That appears to have done it! Thanks much.