how can i calculate a three variable if statement in excel

  1. #1
    Jennifer Samuel
    Guest

    how can i calculate a three variable if statement in excel

    I need to calculate a salary formala for the following and can only find a
    formula for two variables. I have been successful getting the formula to
    calcuate the values if the Advisor is equal to or above region, but I can't
    get it to calculate if the Advisor is below region to enter 0.0%. I am
    trying to complete a salary spreadsheet to put in the three region
    percentages below (2.0, 1.0, 0.0). Here is the formula i am using...
    =IF(B5>B6,B27,B26)
    I need to be able to enter cell b25 if b5 is less than b6. Can anyone
    assist with this, please?

    Advisor 92.5% (cell b5)
    Region 89.4% (cell b6)

    Below Region 0.0% (cell b25)
    Equal to Region 1.0% (cell b26)
    Above Region 2.0% (cell b27)

    Thank you for your help!

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how can i calculate a three variable if statement in excel

    =IF(B5<B6,B25,IF(B5>B6,B27,B26))

    however that will return B26 if B5 and B6 are empty so you might want to use

    =IF(B5="","",IF(B5<B6,B25,IF(B5>B6,B27,B26)))

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    Portland, Oregon

    "Jennifer Samuel" <Jennifer [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: how can i calculate a three variable if statement in excel

    =if(b5>b6,b27,if(b5=b6,b26,b25)).
    You just need to split the 'else' part of the original if formula into
    another if-then-else.
    --Bruce