How do I copy multiple worksheets into a new workbook?

  1. #1
    twizzle
    Guest

    How do I copy multiple worksheets into a new workbook?

    We have over 20 worksheets that are created from another application. We
    would like to copy them into one workbook so that the names of the original
    worksheets appear as tabs in the new workbook.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Philip J Smith
    Guest

    RE: How do I copy multiple worksheets into a new workbook?

    If the other application is Excel then

    1 Open the workbook and right click on the tab.
    2 From the Pop up menu select Move or Copy.
    3 In the "To Book" section select (New Book)
    4 Tick "Create a Copy"
    5 Click OK
    6 The new file will open - save this file say combined.xls
    7 Open the next workbook and right click on the tab.
    8 From the Pop up menu select Move or Copy
    9 In the "To Book" section select combined.xls
    10 Tick Create a copy
    11 In the Before Sheet Section select "Move to End"
    12 Click OK
    Repeat steps 7 - 12 as required.

    Regards
    Phil Smith

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor EdMac's Avatar
    Exeter, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    1,264
    Hi Twizzle,

    If the sheets are all next to each other, select the first sheet you want to copy and then hold SHIFT and click on the last sheet - it will group the sheets and you can then right click and copy as Phil described.

    If the sheets are not next to each other, hold CONTROL and select each in turn and then copy as above.

    To ungroup sheets, right click and select ungroup.

    Ed