Radio or option button

  1. #1
    Susan
    Guest

    Radio or option button

    I would like to add radio or option buttons to a spreadsheet. The options
    for them would be Yes, No, and NA for several questions. I can't get the
    selection in one question to stay after I select an answer in the following
    question. I think it has to do with grouping the buttons, but I can't find
    anything in "help" on how to do this.

  2. #2

    Re: Radio or option button

    If you used the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, then draw a GroupBox
    around each pair of optionbuttons. (The groupbox is also on the Forms toolbar.)

    If you used optionbuttons from the Control toolbox toolbar, then right click on
    each and change the groupname. Use a unique groupname for each group of
    optionbuttons.

    (The default groupname is the sheet name--that's why they're all grouped
    together.)

    Is this for something like a survey?

    Maybe this from Debra Dalgleish would help:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

  3. #3
    Susan
    Guest

    Re: Radio or option button

    I have tried changing the group name for each set of option buttons following
    the directions om "help" under the GroupName Property Example as follows:

    Sub CNMPFollowup_Initialize()
    OptionButton1.GroupName = "Yellowstone"
    OptionButton2.GroupName = "Yellowstone"
    OptionButton3.GroupName = "Yellowstone"

    OptionButton4.GroupName = "Yosemite-Group2"
    OptionButton5.GroupName = "Yosemite-Group2"
    OptionButton6.GroupName = "Yosemite-Group2"

    OptionButton7.GroupName = "Brice Canyon-Group3"
    OptionButton8.GroupName = "Brice Canyon-Group3"
    OptionButton9.GroupName = "Brice Canyon-Group3"
    End Sub

    I still don't get the results I'm wanting. Am I doing something wrong? The
    form is a follow-up to prescribed farm practices and we're trying to some
    feedback of the results.

    Thanks for your help.

  4. #4
    Susan
    Guest

    Re: Radio or option button

    Dave,

    I did some more looking around at my option button properties and found
    GroupName shown as Sheet 1. I know now that this is where I needed to change
    the Group name, not in Visual Basic. I don't know what the code I put in is
    supposed to do.

    Thanks for your help.

  5. #5

    Re: Radio or option button

    It uniquely identifies each group of optionbuttons.

    So if those groupnames got changed, you should be able to select an option
    button in each group without changing the other groups.