Percentage/PERCENTRANK

  1. #1
    Larry Holt
    Guest

    Percentage/PERCENTRANK

    I have a large amount of data that I would like to calculate percentages
    for. Specifically Economic Data, which breaks out Total US Sales, Then
    each states sales. I would like to have a new column which expresses
    each state's percentage of overall US Sales.
    But when I copy my formula down the column, say C2/C1*100, it copies
    C3/C2, C4/C3 and so on, instead of each state divided by C1. any help
    appreciated, I tried PERCENTRANK, but I must be using it wrong.
    Thanks,
    Larry

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Percentage/PERCENTRANK

    Dollar signs ($) in range references "lock in" that part of the reference.

    Try this:
    =C2/$C$1*100
    Then copy that formula down

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Larry Holt
    Guest

    Re: Percentage/PERCENTRANK

    Ron Coderre wrote:
    > Dollar signs ($) in range references "lock in" that part of the reference.
    >
    > Try this:
    > =C2/$C$1*100
    > Then copy that formula down
    >
    > Does that help?