add option in pivot tables to remove subtotals for fields

  1. #1
    epsoanalyst
    Guest

    add option in pivot tables to remove subtotals for fields

    suggestion to add option to remove subtotals for particular fields in pivot
    tables. When you put more than one field in the in the "drop row fields
    here" in order to further break down data, it is counterproductive to have
    numerous subtotals within the primary perimeter selected.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    RE: add option in pivot tables to remove subtotals for fields

    You can turn off the subtotals for a field --

    In the pivot table, double-click on the field button for the row field that
    doesn't need subtotals.
    Under Subtotals, choose None, then click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List