how to link worksheets

  1. #1
    NicNIc
    Guest

    how to link worksheets

    I have several woksheets in a workbook that have differing data - Words
    letter and numbers. I would like to create a summary sheet. I have worked out
    how to get the data into the summary sheet. However the sheets have all been
    renamed so i must insert every formula manually. Is there anyway for excel to
    auto generate the formula for every sheet in the workbook?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: how to link worksheets

    Try this

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    NicNIc
    Guest

    Re: how to link worksheets

    Don't understand the notation on this. Can you help?

  4. #4
    NicNIc
    Guest

    Re: how to link worksheets

    The data in the worksheets have no formulas they are just typed information.
    Does this make the process a little easier?

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: how to link worksheets

    Hi NicNIc

    This macro will make a link to every cell you in the range
    Range("A1,D5:E5,Z10")
    Change to the cells you want
    Note: if you want to create many links from each sheet this is not the best option (max 256)

    Alt-F11
    Insert>Module from the menubar
    paste the sub in there from my site
    Alt-Q to go back to Excel

    If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
    Select "Summary_All_Worksheets_With_Formulas" and press Run

    You can also use the indirect function to create your formulas manual
    Start here
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/indirect.htm