Multiple worksheets problem

  1. #1
    jilldean
    Guest

    Multiple worksheets problem

    Hi There - hope somebody can help.

    One of our users has accidently done something on his excel
    spreadsheet. This has caused a problem where when you open a workbook
    called eg workbook1, it opens up 2 more copies called workbbok 2 and
    workbook 3 in the taskbar. not sure how to get rid of the extra two
    copies, or why they are there in the first place. If I rename the
    spreadsheet to new.xls, the other two change to new2 and new3.

    Many Thanks

    Jill

    --
    jilldean

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Multiple worksheets problem

    Jill,

    Sounds like they have multiple windows of the same workbook. Open the file, then close "2" and "3"
    using the window's "x" button at the upper right, and then save the file.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jilldean
    Guest

    Re: Multiple worksheets problem

    Thanks Bernie that worked perfectly

    Jill

    --
    jilldean

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Multiple worksheets problem

    Jill,

    You're quite welcome. Thanks for letting us know that it worked out OK.

    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP