Excel Formula?--> if A1=11am, then D5=A1; if A1=12pm, then D10=A1

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    BrightEyes_PR
    Guest

    Excel Formula?--> if A1=11am, then D5=A1; if A1=12pm, then D10=A1

    I need to create a log that goes hand in hand with this contract that I have.
    Both are in Excel. The thing is I don't know if the following is possible
    nor if it is how would I write the formula. Here it is:

    If in the contract the cell D6 says 11:00am, then I need the rest of the
    fill-in info that's in the contract to come out in the log in the 11:00am row
    (D3-L3). If in the contract the cell D6 says 12:00pm, then the rest of the
    fill-in info in the contract should come out in the 12:00pm row (D11-L11).

  2. #2
    Enron
    Guest

    RE: Excel Formula?--> if A1=11am, then D5=A1; if A1=12pm, then D10=A1

    Hi Bright Eyes,

    Ithink that a Vlookup could fit with your case, but how is your "contract"
    spreadsheet designed ? Is it only text in some cells next to the time ?

  3. #3
    BrightEyes_PR
    Guest

    RE: Excel Formula?--> if A1=11am, then D5=A1; if A1=12pm, then D10

    Well it's text with empty cells. In those cells I write in info such as
    date, time, parent's name, and child's name.

    If the date on the CONTRACT document is let's say May 1st, then I need the
    rest of the contract fill-in info to come out in the May 1st worksheet of the
    LOG document. Within the May 1st worksheet, if the contract time cell says
    10am, then the parent's name and child's name, etc. would come out in the
    10am row of that worksheet. If let's say the contract says May 10th at 12pm,
    then it would come out in the 12pm row, of the May 10th worksheet in the LOG
    document.

    It's for child's birthday parties. We usually do it with written forms and
    a three-ring binder, but there are so many now that it becomes a mess and
    hassle.

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Excel Formula?--> if A1=11am, then D5=A1; if A1=12pm, then D10

    You have two other replies at your posting in newusers - both guesses.

    Pete