Calculate Start Dates based on Need-By Date?

  1. #1
    GB
    Guest

    Calculate Start Dates based on Need-By Date?

    I'm trying to calculate a start date based on a "need by" date.

    For instance.....cell B30 in a worksheet has a "need by" date of 5/4/2006.
    This date means I have to "start" the project 6 weeks before that.

    I'd like the formula to back-calculate the "start" date based on the "need
    by" date.

    I've tried using EDATE but get a "#NAME" error. I've tried =DATE92006,5,4)
    for the "need by" date but it still won't calculate backwards.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Start Dates based on Need-By Date?

    Just use

    =B30 - 42

    Bob Phillips

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Calculate Start Dates based on Need-By Date?

    Since 6 weeks = 42 days, just subtract 42.

    =B30-42

    HTH,
    Elkar