Colomn of various dates, count & give % of all under 1 year, etc.

  1. #1
    SooHunter
    Guest

    Colomn of various dates, count & give % of all under 1 year, etc.

    I am trying to work out a formula(s) that, on a daily basis identifies the
    number of dates that are within 1 year (or 2 or 3 as desired), total, and
    give a percentage overall. Those that do not conform within the time frame
    have a conditional formatting to change colour (I can do this).
    I am using this for a training qualification chart, to identify dates that
    become unqualifed, and require the training again. This is also to assist in
    corperate reporting, etc.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    I think this should do it for you.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATEDIF(A1:A5,TODAY(),"y")<1))/COUNT(A1:A5)

    A1:A5 is your range of dates.

    This counts the number of dates that are less than 1 full year from today's date and divides it by the total number of dates. Format your cell as percentage.

    Does that help?

    Steve

  3. #3
    SooHunter
    Guest

    Re: Colomn of various dates, count & give % of all under 1 year, e

    Thank you SteveG.

    This formula certainly gave me foundation to utilize a flexible dating
    system. With some experimentation, I went one step farther and used part of
    the formula to "count" dates within a certain time frame.
    I am not sure how the "y" works in this formula, however the results for:
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATEDIF(A1:A5,TODAY(),"y")<1))
    worked great. I modied the cell varibles to read:
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATEDIF(L58:L95,TODAY(),"y")<L106))
    and changed the "1" (year) for a cell reference (L106) to which I can input
    1, 2, 3 (number of years) or 99 (situations were one date is acceptable).

    This chart allows me to "date" when an individual completes a qualification
    course. In this case, I have all the dates "conditional formated" and change
    "RED" when they are "out of date". Problem was my count and percentage would
    not reflect the changes. Now, with Steves help, the chart only counts the
    dates within the criteria and with an added cell I have it giving the
    percentage as well.

    Thank you again,
    Thomas

  4. #4