Ifs and Ands - I'm confused!

  1. #1
    C Tate
    Guest

    Ifs and Ands - I'm confused!

    I have a spreadsheet with 5 columns. Column C is Region and D is revenue. If
    C is East and D is less than 10 (£000), then project increase in E is 8%,
    otherwise everything is unchanged. I can do one condition with an if
    statement but I need an 'and' in there too, I think, in order to be able to
    work out a proper logical function!! Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    You can combine the AND and IF formulas. Not sure if you want the formula to multiply a value by 8% but you could modify this to suit your needs.

    =IF(AND(C1="East",D1<10),8%,"")

    or

    =IF(AND(C1="East",D1<10),A1*8%,A1)

    Again, not sure if you want to display the 8% or a value times it.

    Does that help?

    Steve

  3. #3

    RE: Ifs and Ands - I'm confused!

    "C Tate" wrote:
    > I have a spreadsheet with 5 columns. Column C is Region
    > and D is revenue. If C is East and D is less than 10 (£000),
    > then project increase in E is 8%, otherwise everything is
    > unchanged.

    =if(and(C2="East",D2<10),D2*(1+8%),D2)

  4. #4
    C Tate
    Guest

    Re: Ifs and Ands - I'm confused!

    Many thanks. That's great guys. Is there anywhere on the net I can read
    about how to combine these and and ifs myself?
    "SteveG" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...