Using a column of data from 1 worksheet to extract data from another worksheet

  1. #1

    Using a column of data from 1 worksheet to extract data from another worksheet

    Alright,
    This is my first post to the group!!
    Here is what I have to get it started:
    Worksheet(Manuf#) 26025 records (Product#, Description,Buyline, Manuf#)
    Worksheet(Products) various amount of product ID's in column A(only
    column of data), this all I want to have in this worksheet, just the
    list of products I want to find from Manuf#.

    So what I need is a macro, Module, whatever it will take so I can look
    at the Products in Worksheet(Products) and extract just those Records
    from Worksheet(Manuf#) into a new Worksheet named Results?

    Any help at this time would be greatly appreciated.
    What i have so far is a Input box so I can input the product I want and
    it will create a new Worksheet with that one product, but each time I
    do the Input it creates a new Worksheet.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Using a column of data from 1 worksheet to extract data from anotherworksheet

    I find it easier to keep all my data on one worksheet.

    If you do that, you can select your range and do Data|filter|autofilter.

    Then you can use the dropdown arrows to choose what you want to see.

    If you really need to put that info on another sheet, you could copy and paste
    the visible rows.

    (and if you need a macro, record one when you do it manually)

  3. #3

    Re: Using a column of data from 1 worksheet to extract data from another worksheet

    The only problem is the data in the second worksheet is always changing
    with the products so it's not static data. That is why I have to have
    it on a different sheet so when it downloads it can upload the current
    products I need to find.
    I think the Filter would work but if I have 100 product items on my
    worksheet to look up, how is the filter going to accomplish that task?
    Thanks
    Brett